Xiaomi’s Mi 5 will come with Snapdragon 820, to be announced in Feb
Xiaomi’s upcoming flagship device, Mi 5 is going to be announced in February. One of the co-funders has confirmed this information. The device is going to come with the latest Snapdragon 820 processor.
In a post on Weibo; Liwan Jiang, the co-founder and SVP of Xiaomi has confirmed that the Mi5 will be launched after the Spring festival (Chinese New Year). The Mi 5 has already entered production (tweet from Hugo Barra also confirms this).
My own Mi 5 just rolled off our production line today and… into my pocket. Qualcomm Snapdragon 820. So worth the wait 🙂
— Hugo Barra (@hbarra) January 6, 2016
Unconfirmed but, we expect all of these to make the cut on Mi 5.
- 5.2-inch FHD or QHD Display
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core SoC with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and/or 4GB RAM with 64GB storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- 16 MP Rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 13 MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3600mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0
With top of the line specs, we expect the device to have a base price of 1999 Yuan / 300 USD / 20500 INR.