Sony Ericsson unveils Xperia Acro for Japan, renamed Arc
Sony Ericsson introduced Arc as Acro for the Japan market. Hardware wise the phone is the same as Arc. The Acro runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 4.2″ Display, powered by 1GHz Snapdragon processor with Adreno 205 GPU, 8.1 MP Camera with 720p Video recording.
Sony Ericsson unveils Xperia acro – the ultimate smartphone for users in Japan
05 May 2011
Combines best-in-class imaging and display technology with features familiar to users in Japan, such as an infrared port for data exchange, mobile wallet, and mobile TV functionality.
May 5, 2011, London, UK – Sony Ericsson today unveiled the Xperia™ acro, a new addition to the Xperia™ range, designed specifically for the needs of users in Japan. The Xperia™ acro builds on the success of the product family with a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor, and runs on the latest Android platform – Gingerbread 2.3. Best-in-class imaging and display technology features from Sony – the perfect enabler for its mobile TV functionality.
Bert Nordberg, President, Sony Ericsson said, “We are delighted to be introducing this flagship model to Japan. In this sophisticated market, we are listening to consumers and are happy to adapt our products to fit in with requirements which they believe to be an essential part of the mobile experience. We expect that they will be pleased to have such a uniquely adept premium smartphone and look forward to a new wave of consumers experiencing the world of Xperia™.”
The Xperia™ acro provides an excellent multimedia experience, powered by a Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine and presented on an extra wide 4.2” screen. The 8.1 megapixel camera with ‘Exmor R™ for mobile’ enables the capture of low-noise, high quality images and HD video (720p), even in low light. Pictures and videos can then be shared in HD on a HDTV through a built in HDMI-connector.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ acro – Key features
- Human Curvature™ design and form factor
- Mobile TV functionality enabling live TV viewing
- Infrared port enables data sharing with other infrared enabled devices
- Mobile wallet: Instead of paying with cash, cheque or credit cards, a user can use the Xperia™ acro to pay for a wide range of services and digital or hard goods.
- Extra wide 4.2” multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine to ensure ultimate multimedia and viewing experiences
- Sony Exmor R™ for mobile delivers best-in-class low-light photography and video capture
- 8.1 megapixel camera and HD video recording capability
- 1GHz CPU, Adreno 205 GPU
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ Acro will be available in Japan from this summer in Black and White.