Nokia X – Dual Screen Android smartphone launched in India
Nokia has launched their first Android based smartphone – Nokia X in India today. The phone was announced during Mobile World Congress 2014 at Barcelona in February, 2014.
The phone packs a 4″ Capacitive Display with 800*480 pixel resolution, 1GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor. Nokia X is runs on Nokia X software platform 1.0 based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It comes with Dual-SIM support, 3MP rear camera.
“India is one of the fastest growing markets for smart phones in the world. With the launch of Nokia X, we are adding more ammunition to our smartphone portfolio. We believe Nokia X is a unique combination of Nokia quality and experiences, Microsoft services and Android™ apps. It will resonate with consumers and set a great precedent for the level of quality that can be achieved in the fast-growing, affordable smartphone segment.” Said Mr. P Balaji, Managing Director, Nokia India.
Nokia X specifications
- 4″ Capactive touch screen display with 800 x 480 pixels resolution
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 play (MSM8225) processor with Adreno 203 GPU
- Nokia X software platform 1.0 based on AOSP Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM support
- Weight – 128.6 g
- 3MP Fixed focus rear camera
- 3.5mm Audio jack
- FM Radio
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB of Internal storage with micro SD expansion slot
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n,Bluetooth 3.0, aGPS connectivity
- 1500 mAh battery
- Black, White, Cyan, Red, Yellow and Green Colours
The difference from other Android phones is that it has Tile-based home screen, redesigned Fastlane notification center, access to Nokia Store to download Android Applications etc. Nokia has already partnered with many developers to bring the top apps to the Nokia X series smartphones including Facebook, LINE, Skype, Spotify, Swiftkey, Twitter, Vine, WeChat, TrueCaller etc.
It is currently priced at Rs 8599 and will be available across India starting today.