Nokia N9 is available at a store near you [Press Release]
Nokia N9 finally has begun shipping to customers (who pre-ordered) and stores. The phone comes loaded with Meego Harmattan comes with 1 GHz processor and 1GB RAM, 8MP cam, 3.9″ AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
“There is a lot of buzz around the N9 and the consumer demand has been huge,” says Product Specialist Risto Lahi from Nokia’s Flaghsip Store in Helsinki. “People love the new, button-free user interface and the intuitive way to browse the Internet. When they try out the device, they are first amazed and then impressed.”
The new in Nokia N9 is the 3 home views. One for Applications, One for Events and the other for Live Applications. To switch, a single swipe will take you to each view.
Nokia N9 comes in 3 colours (as of now, as we have seen white N9) Black, Cyan and Magenta and is available in 16GB and 64GB variants.
The retail price is a bit high at the moment with 16GB priced at EUR 480 and 64GB variant priced at EUR 560 before applicable taxes or subsidies.
Are you waiting for the phone? If you have got it already, do let us know your first thoughts.
Espoo, Finland – The Nokia N9, designed for people who appreciate exceptional design and craftsmanship as well as the latest smartphone technology, has begun shipping to customers and stores.
“Since we announced the Nokia N9 in June this year, the feedback that it has gotten from discerning and avid smartphone users across the world has been nothing short of fantastic,” said Ilari Nurmi, Vice President of Marketing, Nokia. “With the innovations in industrial design, user interface, and the Qt developer experience, the Nokia N9 sets the bar for how natural technology can feel, and represents the first in a number of products from Nokia that will be brought to life in similar fashion.”
The beautifully designed Nokia N9 features an intuitive user interface that’s controlled with a simple swipe. With no home key, there’s more room for apps to shine. Three home views – Applications, Events and Live Applications – enable people to navigate through the smartphone easily and get to their favourite content faster. Other features include:
· 3.9-inch AMOLED screenmade from scratch-resistant curved
· Easy single-tap pairing with NFC-enabled accessories such as
the Nokia Play 360 wireless speaker and sharing of content
through NFC technology
Nokia N9 image
· An 8-megapixel Carl Zeiss autofocus sensor and wide-angle lens for HD-quality video and photo capture, and large lens aperture for great camera performance even in low-lighting conditions; easy capture and share of images and videos with social networks
· Mobile Internet radio*, with a great range of music out-of-the-box and no fees or account creation necessary, available for the first time as part of the Nokia Music offering; just press play. And the music sounds even better on the first smartphone to come with Dolby Digital Plus decoding and Dolby Headphone post-processing technology.
· Free turn-by-turn drive and walk navigation with voice-guided maps for more than 100 countries and in more than 50 languages
· Top social networking, communication, entertainment and gaming apps preloaded for a hassle-free out-of-the-box experience
· Global and local apps available through Nokia store for further personalization and new discovery opportunities
The Nokia N9 is available in three colours – black, cyan and magenta with 16GB and 64GB storage options to accommodate plenty of content and will be on sale in countries around the world.
The estimated retail price of the Nokia N9 16GB and 64GB is approximately EUR 480 and EUR 560 before applicable taxes or subsidies, with pricing and availability varying from region to region and operator to operator.
To learn more about the Nokia N9, visit http://swipe.nokia.com
*The availability of Mobile Internet radio ranges from market to market.
Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them by combining advanced mobile technology with personalized services. More than 1.3 billion people connect to one another with a Nokia, from our most affordable voice-optimized mobile phones to advanced Internet-connected smartphones sold in virtually every market in the world. Through our services, people also enjoy access to maps and navigation on mobile, a rapidly expanding applications store, a growing catalog of digital music, and more. Nokia’s NAVTEQ is a leader in comprehensive digital mapping and navigation services, and Nokia Siemens Networks is one of the leading providers of telecommunications infrastructure hardware, software and professional services globally.