[How to] Unlock, Rooting, Relocking, Unrooting Verizon Galaxy Nexus
The tool is simple to use and allows users to unlock and root their device, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it and restore them later!
From Galaxy Nexus Forum:
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified!
This program contains all the files you need to unlock and root your device, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it.
Version 1.1 now also allows you to make backups of all your apps and data and restore them later!
There are now two versions of the release! One for Verizon (CDMA) and one for GSM models.
*make sure you download the right one for you device*
My goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible.
Disclaimer: We will not be responsible if you manage to brick your device or loose data on your device. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Download GnexRootToolkit.sfx.exe .
2. Extract contents from the downloaded file under Program Files.
3. Launch Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit.
4. Click on Drivers + SDK to install the latest device drivers and the Android Software Development Kit which is required for unlocking and rooting process.
4. Connect your Galaxy Nexus to PC via USB cable.
5. To unlock bootloader and root the device, click on the Unlock + Root button and follow the on-screen instructions. Now your device will be unlocked, rooted and will have SuperUser.