How to: Custom ROM for Optimus One [Step by Step Guide]
Most of the folks running on Stock ROM on Android would always love to move on to Custom ROM only because of the wonderful features, tweaks etc available from it.
This post is to guide you to get the custom ROM your phone.
- First things first, you need to root your Optimus One. We have listed out 2 posts for rooting.
- For Optimus One running firmware prior to V10C, and
- for Optimus One running firmware V10c and above.
Also check if SuperUser app is installed on your phone. (if not, download it from the market)
- Next proceed and download Android SDK with ADB from this link
- Download Custom Recovery. (Source) and Custom ROM.
- Install the Custom Recovery using the below steps.
- adb shell
- su (After executing this command, the SuperUser app in the phone will ask you to give su access, Allow the SuperUser access.)
- mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
- cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
- chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
- mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
- flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
- reboot recovery
Install Custom ROM.
Once you have done reboot recovery in the previous step, you will get a screen as shown below.
Navigation keys – Volume UP, Down, Menu Button for Selection, Return key to go back
Highlight “Install zip from SDCard” and select.
The Custom ROM will be installed.
- Reboot the device.
So the your device is updated with the custom ROM. Have fun and share this post with your friends.
Warning: I am not responsible if you brick your phone by rooting. Please proceed at your own risk.