How to add custom Ringtones to your Windows Phone [No Unlocking required]
Most of us out here don’t want to use the standard ringtones available on the phone and would like to set non-standard one’s as the ringtone. Windows Phone doesn’t allow a user to set whatever the user likes as his ringtone, even though the user has loads of music/tones available on his phone.
But, the process is defined on how to add those songs/tones as your ringtone.
- Select the media file which you want to set it as your ringtone.
- Edit the genre of the media file and assign the value “ringtone” to it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the micro USB cable and sync the media file to your phone. Zune should be pre-installed.
- Tap Settings on your phone and select Ringtones + Sounds
- Tap the ringtone list and there you will find the custom tone/media file you just added under “Custom” header.
Though Windows Phone doesn’t allow you to select a media file on your phone as a ringtone, you have a workaround for that and it works.