Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S flashable OS released [Download] [How-to]
Google has released Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich and is ready for the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus users. Google has uploaded full OS images of Google’s Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus, both being GSM variants. These images can be used to fully restore your Nexus devices onto Stock ROM.
Compatible Nexus devices are:
- Galaxy Nexus i9250 [yakju] – Using this app will tell whether your device is yakju or not.
- Nexus S – Only i9020T variant is supported and i9023 might be supported.
Note: Verizon Nexus users have to wait a bit longer as the image is not yet ready for you. Your device is mysid and not yakju. i9020A is going to be supported in the sojua release.
Download: Visit this page and download the image compatible for your device.
1. Download the update file from the above link and rename it to update.zip
2. Copy the download .zip file to the root directory of your Nexus device via USB.
3. Power off the device
4. Power on the device – Hold down the Volume Up button, then press the Power button.
5. Use the Volume keys on your Nexus device to navigate to the RECOVERY option. Select using the Power button.
6. When Exclamation mark appears on the screen, hold down the Power button followed by the Volume up button.
7. In the Recovery Menu, select the update from SD card option. Select ‘update.zip’ you copied on in Step 2. Use the Power button to confirm.
8. Once done, select ‘reboot system now’ option. The device should now have Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Once done, do let us know how you feel about the new ICS update. Also share with us the changes you observe.
PS: We are not responsible if your brick your device.