Enable SMS Delivery Confirmation setting toggle in Windows Phone [How to]
Few of the Windows phones come with the SMS Delivery confirmation toggle and few doesn’t come with it, like Samsung Focus. I am one of those few, who like to see the SMS delivery notification for SMS’s.
Here is a tweak, which enables user to see the toggle in the settings menu of Messaging hub.
- Your Windows Phone should be Chevron Unlocked / Dev unlocked.
- Your Windows Phone should be INTEROP-UNLOCKED. (Read about INTEROP-UNLOCKED and how to unlock here).
- Download WP7 Root Tools and install it on your Windows Phone.
- Navigate to Current UserSoftwareMicrosoftShortMsgSettings
- Change the following registry items.
DeliveryNotifySupported = 1 (previous value = 0)
SMSDeliveryNotify = 1 (previous value = 0)
Sometimes, you need to restart the device for the delivery notification to work.